The Ambassador award is presented to the contestant who has excelled at promoting the state program. Each contestant is automatically considered for the award upon meeting the ticket and advertising expectations. Receiving this award has no bearing on the selection of the state titleholders.
The winner of the Ambassador Award will receive
Commemorative Plaque and flowers
1 ticket to the 2019 Miss World America Finals
1 night hotel accommodation at the host hotel for the 2019 Miss World America Finals
Featured on the website and in the 2020 program book
$300 off 2020 sponsorship fee ($300 cash award if you are the new titleholder)
Video of the 2020 state pageant
Additional prizes still TBD
The Ambassador award is based on an accumulation of points in the following categories:
- 2 points for each referral – potential contestants or Little Miss fill out an application or request for Info and list you under “referred by”
- 15 points for each contestant you refer that competes, you will also receive a $100 credit to use for pageant expenses – ie. hotel room, tickets and optional entry fees. Referrals of Little Miss who participate earn you 15 points as well and $50 credit for pageant expenses.
- 2 points for each ticket to the finals that you sell up until check-in pageant weekend
- 1 point for each ticket to optionals that you sell up until check-in pageant weekend
- 1 point for every 5 “votes” in your People’s Choice jar – votes tabulated after intermission at finals
- 5 points for every personal appearance validated by submission for posting on the website “news” section,
submission must be a high quality resolution photo of you at the appearance in your sash with caption
- 2 points for every media article validated by submission for posting on the website “news” section, submission must
be a link to the article online or a high quality resolution photo of the article with caption
- Up to 20 points for the strength of your social media presence – judged by tracking effective #missworldca use.
- 5 points for every full page of Advertisement sold (minimum 1/2 page) – there are also separate awards for each page sold (see details here)
- 3 points for each optional that you enter
The contestant in each division with the highest total points will receive the Ambassador Award during the final show. This award has no bearing on the selection of MWA-CA and MWTA-CA winners. The panel of judges will not know who has received this award until they are finished judging.
For Example Purpose only - How the tabulation works
|Referral requests Information||2||3||6|
|Referral Signs up to compete||15||1||15|
|People’s choice per 5 votes||1||10||10||50 Votes|
|Article in newspaper or onlines||2||3||6|
|Ad sale full page||5||4||20|
|Participation in Optionals||3||1||3|
|Contestant Total Points for Ambassador Award||132|