Required Competition Phases
- Beauty with a Purpose – this is more than a beauty pageant! Giving back to our communities is central to Miss World’s mission. Each contestant will submit a 1 page recap of their charity project along with up to 10 photos showcasing the work they have done for the charity.
- Top Model – modeling the gown of your choice on stage. We are not judging the gown, we are judging your ability to carry yourself on stage with poise and confidence.
- Fitness – On stage presentation of fitness in athletic wear.
- Influencer – judged based on the contestant’s social media posts and interaction with their fans tracked through using specific hash tags, check-ins, etc. This portion of the competition begins July 13th and runs through the night before check in July 27th
- Leader – A three minute panel style interview for each contestant and onstage questions for Top 5.
Miss World America will have optional competitions to earn a spot in the top 20. Our optionals are meant to give you an opportunity to hone your skills and prepare you for nationals. They are judged by a separate panel of judges and have no bearing on the selection of the state titleholders.
- Speech – A one minute speech on your Beauty with a Purpose charity project
- Talent – A 90 second stage performance – acceptable formats: singing, dancing, playing an instrument (no specialty acts, acting, poetry, painting or monologues)
- Photogenic – Judged on your submission of an 8 x 10 headshot
The Ambassador Award
This award is presented to the contestant who has excelled at promoting the state program. Each contestant is automatically considered for the award. Receiving this award has no bearing on the selection of the state titleholders.
We will not be running this element of the pageant in 2019. It will be offered in 2020.