Rules and Conditions of Participating in the Miss World America (MWA) and Miss Teen World America (MTWA) Contest and the MWA California and MTWA California pageant
- A contestant shall be a person who:
(a) is no less than 16 years and six month (sixteen and a half) years of age on the date of the state pageant and no more than 26 (twenty-six) years of age on December 1st of the competition year to compete in the Miss division. For the Teen division the contestant must be no less than 13 (thirteen) years of age on the date of the state pageant and and no more than 18 (eighteen) years of age on December 1, of the competition year;
(b) is legally recognized as female in the United States;
(c) has never been through any ceremony either valid or invalid, and whether civil, religious or tribal, which is recognized as a marriage ceremony in any part of the world;
(d) has never given birth to a child;
(e) has never taken part in any contest for qualification to represent another country; and
(f) has never won any Miss World Contest or represented the National Area in any previous Miss World Contest or has previously taken part in any international beauty contest;
(g) is of good character and possessed of charm, poise, personality;
(h) whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America Contest and Miss Teen World America Contest or title or the Licensee or Miss World America or any person associated with them
(i) is born in the USA or have five years continuous residency at the time of entry and holds a current USA passport;
(j) in case of winning the Miss World America or Miss Teen World America title, shall be able to sign a Representation Agreement with Miss World America and be resident at her own expense on the mainland of the USA (the copy of the Representation Agreement shall be included into Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest application paperwork and provided by the relevant State Director to every State Winner for familiarization before entering Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest);
(k) has not taken part at any time in the final of any international competition nor qualified for the final of any recognized international competition in the given year;
(L)has resided in the state of California for 12 weeks prior to the date to the pageant, is a full time student in the state, or is working in the state. 2 forms of proof must be provided – a state driver’s license, student ID, address of work with supervisor contact info, billing account addressed to you at your state residence (ex, utility, cable, insurance, etc)
- There must be nothing in the contestant’s background that could bring into disrepute any aspect of the contest or its sponsors (e.g. no drug use; arrests, DUI’s; participation in pornography).
- Entry forms must be filled in with names as they are on passports, etc. and not assumed or professional names.
- Having signed the entry form and qualified for the final, contestants are reminded that they have signed a contract and that to break it is a serious matter.
- The Miss World America and Miss Teen World America titles are copyrighted. No person or organization may use the titles, without the permission of Miss World Limited.
- By entering the selection process and ultimately the contest, a contestant grants the organizers or the sponsors of the event, the free and unfettered right to use her name, photographs, voice, likeness, recommendations etc., relating to the contest, its title or any such connection between the contestant and the contest or title in any way it sees fit for advertising or sales promotions purposes, providing such use is not in a manner to cause harm to the contestant’s reputation or name. Such agreement will continue in a similar manner for further material issued resulting in participation in the contest or during year of office if she wins the title. We cannot guarantee the return of any materials sent to Miss World America or Miss World America – California as part of an application.
- Contestants agree that from the date of winning a qualifying contest, until a period of fourteen days after their state final of the following year, or if they become the holder of Miss World, Miss Teen World, Miss World America, Miss Teen World America titles, for a period of six months after their reign as titleholder ends, they will not, without the prior permission in writing from the organizers, make any statement to the media, either directly or indirectly, nor give any interviews nor write any stories whatsoever appertaining to the competition or involving its name.
- Contestants agree that their name and photographs may be used by the organizer or competition sponsors in any advertising or promotion feature for the contest or its sponsors where the names Miss World America, Miss Teen World America, America’s Miss World, America’s Miss Teen World are included, providing such advertising or promotion shall not offend normal good taste.
- Contestants agree that they will not use the Miss World America and Miss Teen World America Contest as a platform for expressing political and/or religious points of views.
- These rules were made to cover the Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest. The organizers cannot accept any responsibility for neither any changes of rules in any associated contests nor any cancellation or changes in format in Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest or other contests which prevent the winner from neither further participation nor any amendment to the rules in such contest, which would make Miss World America or Miss Teen World America ineligible to compete. For the purposes of identification, the organizers means, Miss World America and America’s Miss World, LLC.
- The responsibility for obtaining the right wardrobe to compete, is entirely that of the contestant.
- IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT THE ORGANIZERS CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE LOSS OF ANY CONTESTANT’S PERSONAL EFFECTS. LOOK AFTER YOUR OWN EFFECTS AT ALL TIMES. WHEN APPROPRIATE TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DEPOSIT VALUABLES IN HOTEL SAFETY DEPOSITS.
- In the event of any dispute over the rules of the contest the decision of the Miss World America organization is final.
- Miss World America will cover travel expenses of the Miss World America title winner to travel to Miss World final. Further, Miss World Organization shall be responsible for the contestant’s accommodation and food during the Miss World preliminary competition and final.
- All enquiries about Miss World America and Miss Teen World America Competition must be done in writing to: America’s Miss World, 9229 W Sunset Blvd, Suite 415, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- All enquiries about the Miss World America – California and Miss Teen World America – California competitions must be done in writing to: World America West Pageant Productions LLC, 1100 Bellevue Way Ste. 8A-661, Bellevue, WA 98004